Saturday, December 4, 2010

A spud by any other name...

You should probably know that I work with kids. I know, it's scary, more for me than for them. Due to confidentiality, I'm not going to tell you where or how I work with these kids, I'm just going to say that they're all very special. In God's eyes, I'm sure. Anyway, one of these precious little pumpkins was carrying around an autograph book at the end of last year. Kids don't usually ask me for my autograph. I have no idea why. But this one approached me, asked me for my autograph and said "Mrs. Pie, has anyone ever told you that you look just like someone famous??" This was a 6 year old pumpkin, and I responded "No, no one has."

"Well," he continued, "you look just like Mrs. Potato Head."

Really? Was it the green hat? The huge lips?

There is no good deed attached to this story, other than that I smiled, signed his book, and stifled my laugh. (Even precious pumpkins don't like to be laughed at."

No comments: